Gradient Services recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisations operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
Gradient Services Pty Ltd will:
- provide safe plant and systems of work
- provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards
- provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety
- provide support and assistance to employees
Each management representative is accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility. This will be measured via their annual performance reviews. Management is responsible for:
- the provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition
- involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety polices and procedures
- training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks
- the provision of resources to meet the health and safety commitment
Employees are to;
- follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to Gradient Services, in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.
The organisation is committed to consultation and cooperation between management and employees. The organisation will consult with elected employee health and safety representatives and employees in any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of any of its employees.